BIO DATA: GP CAPT NOEL AMIYAKUMAR MOITRA VM (RET'D)
An alumnus of Loyola School and Junior College, Pune, I hold a Diploma in German, obtained in 1972 from Goethe-Institut at Max Mueller Bhavan, Pune. A linguist, I speak French, Hindi and three other regional languages. I have led a rather unusual existence, from a fighter pilot to an eminent journalist to a Defence Consultant.
- Passed SSLC Exam with Distinction.
- 1st in UPSC Selection Exam (Air Force) for the National Defence Academy.
- 1st in NDA Air Branch Cadets written tests.
- 1st in 107 Pilot's Course Ground Subjects.
- 1st in Flying Instructors School, Tambaram, Chennai.
- Bagged Majithia Trophy with record marks that still stand.
- Inducted MiG-21 bis in 1976.
- Fastest 1,000 hrs on the MiG-21 Bis.
- Appointed sub-editor for the Air Force Flight Safety Magazine
- Inducted Mirage 2000 aircraft in 1985, after a 10-month training period.
- Only one of two pilots to induct 2 types of aircraft.
- Fastest 1,000 hours on the Mirage 2000 in the world.
OTHER ASPECTS: SERVICE LIFE
- Edited all IAF Coffee Tables from 1990 to 1996.
- Staff Officer to 2 Air Chiefs.
- Edited all that they wrote, from important letters to newspaper releases, compliments to obituaries.
- Did 11 months flying cross-training in Germany.
- Flt Cdr of first Mirage 2000 Squadron.
- Commanded a Mirage 2000 Squadron.
- Awarded Vayu Sena Medal in '93.
- Only pilot to fire an S-530D BVR missile; it cost as much as a Mig 21 Bis.
- Base Cdr at that Station, with 15,000 heads.
- 1st in Staff College Entrance exam.
- Did Staff Course in UK.
- Did my BBA in the UK (University of Reading).
- Did AREA Course in Japan.
- Equally fluent in both UK and US English.
|FELICITATED BY ACM SK MEHRA, CAS IAF, ON CROSSING 1000 HRS ON MIRAGE 2000|
|BASE CDR RECEIVES ME ON LANDING AFTER CROSSING 1000 HRS ON TYPE|
|MIRAGE 2000 LANDING ON A HIGHWAY|
|WITH SINGAPORE AIR CHIEF|